COMBINATION SWITCH REMOVAL/INSTALLATION
• For vehicles with DSC, if the negative battery cable or the steering angle sensor connector is disconnected, the stored initial position of the steering angle sensor will be cleared and the DSC will not operate properly, making the vehicle unsafe to drive. Perform the steering angle sensor initialization procedure after connecting the negative battery cable.
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the following parts:
(1) Driver-side air bag module (See DRIVER-SIDE AIR BAG MODULE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(2) Steering wheel (See STEERING WHEEL AND COLUMN REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(3) Column cover (See COLUMN COVER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(4) Ignition key illumination (See IGNITION KEY ILLUMINATION BULB REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
(5) Clock spring (See CLOCK SPRING REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
3. Disconnect the connector.
4. Disconnect the steering angle sensor connector. (Vehicles with DSC)
5. Remove the screws and then remove the combination switch.
6. Install in the reverse order of removal.
7. Perform the steering angle sensor initialization procedure. (Vehicles with DSC)(SeeSTEERING ANGLE SENSOR INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE.)