• The OBD (on-board diagnostic) system has the following functions:
– Malfunction detection function: Detects malfunctions in the air bag system and outputs DTCs.
– Data monitor function: Reads out specific input/output signals and the system status.
• Diagnostic DTCs can be read/cleared using the WDS or equivalent.
• When the air bag system is malfunctioning, turn the ignition switch to the ON position to display the current DTC using the air bag system warning light on the instrument cluster. However this light is strictly for reference. Make sure to inspect the system using the WDS or equivalent.