ELECTRIC POWER STEERING (EPS) OUTLINE
• Rack assist EPS (Electric Power Steering), with a direct-assist type rack, has been adopted for the steering rack on all models.
• EPS provides excellent steering feel and smooth handling from low to high speeds due to an electronic control system.
• Since the electric power assist system does not require a power steering oil pump, engine load has been reduced and fuel economy improved.
• After performing the following work on the steering system, always set the EPS system to the neutral position to prevent system malfunction. Refer to the Workshop Manual for neutral position setting procedures.
– Replacing the steering gear and linkage
– Replacing the EPS control module
– Disconnecting the steering shaft joint (gear side)