1. Remove the engine cover.
2. Remove the battery cover.
3. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
4. Clean the transmission exterior thoroughly using a steam cleaner or cleaning solvent.
5. Drain the ATF. (See AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID (ATF) REPLACEMENT.)
6. Remove the following parts.
7. Remove the oil seal using a flathead screwdriver.
8. Using the SST and a hammer, tap the new oil seal in evenly until the SST contacts the extension housing.
9. Coat the lip of the oil seal with ATF.
10. Install in the reverse order of removal.
11. Add ATF and, with the engine idling, inspect the ATF level and inspect for leakage. (See AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID (ATF) REPLACEMENT.) (See Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) Level Inspection.)