CONTROL VALVE BODY REMOVAL
• A hot transmission and ATF can cause severe burns. Turn off the engine and wait until they are cool before replacing ATF.
• Using compressed air can cause dirt and other particles to fly out, causing injury to the eyes. Wear protective eye wear whenever using compressed air.
• Clean the transmission exterior thoroughly with a stream cleaner or cleaning solvents before removal.
• If any old sealant gets into the transmission during installation of the oil pan, trouble may occur in the transmission case and oil pan. Clean with cleaning fluids.
1. Clean the transmission exterior thoroughly with a steam cleaner or cleaning solvents.
2. Remove the engine cover.
3. Remove the battery cover.
4. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
5. Drain the ATF. (See AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID (ATF) REPLACEMENT.)
6. Remove the oil pan and gasket.
7. Disconnect the connectors and remove the installation bolts as shown in the figure.
• Do not move the manual valve in the direction of arrow to prevent the pin for manual valve rotation prevention from falling from the control valve body.
8. Remove the control valve body.