1. Measure the clutch pedal stroke.
1. Lightly depress the clutch pedal by hand until clutch resistance is felt and then measure the pedal play.
2. If it is not within the specification, loosen locknut C and turn push rod D to adjust the pedal play.
3. Remeasure the pedal play and, if it is within the specification, tighten locknut C.
1. Start the engine.
2. Without depressing the clutch pedal, move the shift lever slowly to the reverse position until gear noise is heard and hold the lever in that position.
3. Slowly depress the clutch pedal and hold at the point where the gear noise stops (clutch disengagement point).
4. Measure distance A (from pedal not depressed to clutch disengagement point) and verify that it is within the specification.
1. Remove the engine cover.
2. Remove the battery cover.
3. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
4. Disconnect the clutch switch connector.
5. Verify continuity as indicated in the table.