1. Remove the drain plug and drain the oil.
2. Install the drain plug with a new washer and tighten.
3. Disconnect the rear drive shaft on the differential side. (See Rear Drive Shaft, Rear Knuckle Component Removal Note.)
4. Remove the clip from the rear drive shaft.
5. Remove the oil seal from the differential carrier using a flathead screwdriver.
6. Apply differential oil to the lip of a new oil seal.
7. Tap in the new oil seal until it reaches the differential carrier using the SSTs.
8. After installing a new clip to the rear drive shaft, insert it into the rear differential. (See Rear Drive Shaft, Rear Knuckle Component Installation Note.)
9. Verify that the rear drive shaft is held securely by the clip by pulling the outer ring on the differential side towards the axle.
10. Add differential oil.
11. After adding the oil, perform the oil level inspection. (See DIFFERENTIAL OIL INSPECTION.)
12. Install the oil-fill plug with a new washer and tighten.