HIGH-TENSION LEAD REMOVAL/INSTALLATION
• Improper installation of the high-tension lead could result in a harmful electrical influence of other electrical parts, or in a ground fault due to damage to the lead. Be sure to install the lead in the same position and routing as when it is removed.
1. Remove the engine cover. (See ENGINE COVER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
2. Remove the battery cover.
3. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
4. Remove the air hose. (See INTAKE-AIR SYSTEM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
5. Remove the high-tension lead from the ignition coil and the spark plug.
• Install the high-tension lead with blue and green tape on the trailing side.
6. Install in the reverse order of removal.