EXHAUST MANIFOLD INSPECTION
• Do not reuse the gasket and self-lock nuts on the joint area between the engine and exhaust manifold.
• If a gasket with detached crimps is used on the joint area between the engine and exhaust manifold, exhaust gas will leak. Be careful not to allow the crimps to detach from the gasket. Do not use a gasket if any crimps are detached.
1. Remove the exhaust manifold. (See EXHAUST SYSTEM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
2. Verify that there is no deformation, damage, cracks, or breakage.
• If there is any malfunction, replace the exhaust manifold.