1. Follow the before repair procedure and perform the fuel line safety procedure. (See BEFORE REPAIR PROCEDURE.)
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (See BATTERY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
3. Remove the connector and the fuel hose from the fuel pump unit. (See QUICK RELEASE CONNECTOR REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
4. Remove the fuel tank with the fuel pump unit and fuel suction pipe bracket still installed. (See FUEL TANK REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
5. Plug the fuel pump unit pipe and the port C.
6. Set the fuel tank on a level surface.
7. Verify that there is air flow through the port A when pressurizing port B.
8. Verify that there is air flow through port B when pressurizing the port A.
9. Verify that there is no air flow through port A when pressurizing the port B.