BEFORE REPAIR PROCEDURE
• Fuel is extremely flammable. Always keep sparks and flame away from fuel. Ignition may cause death or serious injury, or damage to equipment.
• Fuel line spills and leakage from the pressurized fuel system are dangerous. Fuel can ignite and cause serious injury or death and damage. Fuel can also irritate skin and eyes. To prevent this, always complete the "Fuel Line Safety Procedure".
• If there is foreign material on the connecting area of the quick release connector, it might damage the connector or fuel pipe. To prevent this, when the quick release connector has been disconnected, clean the connecting area before reconnecting it.
Fuel Line Safety Procedure
1. Remove the fuel-filler cap to release the pressure inside the fuel tank.
2. Remove the fuel pump relay.
3. Start the engine.
4. After the engine stalls, crank the engine several times.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position.
6. Install the fuel pump relay.