INTAKE-AIR SYSTEM INSPECTION
1. Perform the following intake-air system part inspections.
• If there is improper installation or a malfunction of an intake-air system part, it could cause poor emission, low engine output, or rough idling.
Air Hose Inspection
1. Visually inspect the following items:
• If there is any abnormality, reinstall or replace the air hose.
– Is there any looseness or disconnection of air hose and air cleaner cover connecting parts?
– Is there any looseness or disconnection of air hose and throttle body connecting parts?
– Is the hose correctly installed?
– Are there any cracks or splits in the air hose?
1. Refer to the intake-air system hose routing diagram and verify that the hoses are installed in the correct positions. (See INTAKE-AIR SYSTEM HOSE ROUTING DIAGRAM.)
• If there is any abnormality, install in the correct position.
2. Verify that there is no crushing, cracks, or splits on the intake air hose.
• If there is any abnormality, repair or replace the intake air hose.
Fresh-air Duct Inspection
1. Remove the fresh air duct. (See INTAKE-AIR SYSTEM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
2. Verify that there is no damage or peeling on the heat shield gasket for the fresh air duct.
• If there is any abnormality, repair or replace the fresh air duct.
Air Cleaner Insulator Inspection
1. Verify that the air cleaner insulator has been installed.
• If it has not been installed, install an air cleaner insulator.