ENGINE COOLANT PROTECTION INSPECTION
1. Measure the coolant temperature and specific gravity with a thermometer and a hydrometer.
• The engine has aluminum parts that can be damaged by alcohol or methanol antifreeze. Do not use alcohol or methanol in the cooling system. Use only ethylene-glycol-based coolant.
• Use only soft (demineralized) water in the coolant mixture. Water that contains minerals will reduce the coolant's effectiveness.
2. Determine the coolant protection by referring to the graph shown.
• If the coolant protection is not proper, add water or coolant.