1. Remove the transmission. (See TRANSMISSION REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [R15M-D].) (See TRANSMISSION REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [Y16M-D].) (See AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
2. Remove the flywheel. (MT) (See CLUTCH UNIT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
3. Remove the drive plate. (AT) (See DRIVE PLATE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
4. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
5. Install in the reverse order of removal.
(See Counterweight Removal Note.)
Rear oil seal
(See Rear Oil Seal Removal Note.)
1. Remove the locknut by locking the counterweight against rotation using the SST.
2. Remove the counterweight using the SST.
3. Remove the SST.
1. Protect the eccentric shaft with cloth and remove the oil seal using the SST.
1. Apply engine oil to the lip of a new rear oil seal.
2. Tap the rear oil seal evenly in the stationary gear using the SST.
1. Install the key to the eccentric shaft.
2. Install the counterweight to the eccentric shaft.
3. Apply sealant to the locknut threads.
4. Install the locknut to the eccentric shaft and temporarily tighten.
5. Lock the counterweight against rotation using the SST, and tighten it to the specified torque.